Sunday, October 14, 2007

Fall Break

This weekend was our Fall Break. We had class from Monday through Wednesday, and Thursday through Sunday we had off. It's a nice little break from college right around the time when stress just begins to pile up on the average college student.

My last class on Wednesday ended around 11:00, so I left about an hour later. I worked for half a day at my summer office job in Cleveland. On Thursday I visited my High School, NDCL, which is in Chardon. That is such a strange experience! It feels so surreal to be walking around the halls of my alma mater like so many alums before me have done, feeling rather superior in my non-uniform clothing despite myself. (Ah, the feeling of Jeans and a t-shirt is so much more sweet when surrounded by others in oxford shirts, dress slacks and skirts!) I was able to see all my favorite teachers and no-longer-underclassmen. I ran into five of my old classmates which was a nice surprise, and I picked up my yearbook. Also, I borrowed one of the English textbooks I used last year -- it would be very helpful this semester in my Intro to Literature class!

I worked in Cleveland all day Friday (yay, Christmas shopping money!). On Saturday I caught up with my homework and went shopping for Halloween supplies. On Halloween (or a few days earlier, this year) all the children from the village come to the dorms for Trick-or-Treating, so students like to decorate their doors and dorms a bit for Halloween. About $20 at the Card Factory Outlet fetched some great supplies for decorating! And I also stocked up on a lot of candy to give to all the little ghouls and goblins. I returned to Hiram Saturday night, and put up some of the decorations.

Today I finished what little homework I had left and spent most of the day so far doing all the laundry I left accumulating over the past two weeks.

No comments: